The ClearView db lamp is a 5-volt, 5-watt, tungsten-halogen type. It does not dim much over time but, becomes noisy as it ages (sparkles or flickers rapidly) this means the spectra or data from the analyzer will also become noisier. Keep in mind, the lamp may continue to light for months in this mode until it eventually burns out. Replacement at the recommended 6-month interval helps ensure that you will have the best performance from the analyzer, and you will not have a bulb burn-out at an inconvenient time.
- Expected life of 5000 hours or approximately six months of continuous operation
- Lamp Part Number: #30071-00001
ClearView db Lamp Replacement Instructions
The operating lamp and its surrounding assembly are extremely hot to touch. Power the analyzer off and wait for the lamp assembly to cool before changing the bulb.
Do not touch the glass of the lamp as it may interfere with the output (Clean with alcohol if you accidentally do touch it).
- Turn off power to the ClearView db analyzer.
- Open the main enclosure.
- The internal photometer box has a thumbscrew attachment on the lid. Loosen the thumbscrew to open the internal box lid.
4. Unplug the lamp wires.
5. When the lamp assembly has cooled enough to be comfortably handled, rotate the cam lock screws counterclockwise until the lamp is free. Pull the lamp from the block.
6. Make sure the replacement lamp is clean. It may be cleaned with methyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab if necessary. Do not touch the lamp with bare fingers. Salt and oils from fingerprints will degrade performance.
7. Insert the replacement lamp over the pins by rotating the cam lock screws clockwise until tight. Insert the lamp power plug into the socket. Bend lamp wire down to avoid contacting the lid when closed.
8. Close the internal box and tighten the thumbscrew.
- Close the enclosure and restore power. ClearView db will begin operation when the power is turned on.
- Navigate to Menu > Diagnostic > Lamp (see screen) This screen shows typical values for lamp related diagnostics. Confirm you have more than 1,000,000 and less than 8,300,000 on Detector Counts and all parameters are OK.
11. Allow the new lamp to warm-up for 30minutes. After warm-up take a new reference (see reference procedure in manual).
Need help with installing your ClearView db photometer lamp or any service issue? Please contact us by email below or call us +1 916-638-4944.