Are you are seeing an error message that looks like the following?
If you plug the M508plus spectrometer into a different USB port than the port used during manufacturing at the Guided Wave factory you will receive an error message. The software is talking to the wrong serial port and cannot communicate with the M508plus spectrometer.
Steps to resolve error message:
- Open device manager and look for the M508plus spectrometer
- Start the M508plus software and login
- In the Setup menu, select analyzer setup
- Open the comport (communication Port) setup
- Set the value to match the comport to the value set in step 1.
- Alternatively, just keep selecting different values until the error goes away.
- Collect a new reference